Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Angry

A little gem from the judge who today overruled the voice of the people in my state.

Chief U.S. District Judge Vaughn Walker. "Gender no longer forms an essential part of marriage; marriage under law is a union of equals."

Really? Seriously? Gender no longer forms an essential part of marriage????

Here's a thought. Why don't we all just become genderless? Since marriage forms the bedrock of society and apparently gender no longer fits in this equation then gender should also not fit into the equation of society as a whole. So let's just chop off all differing body parts and become one great big genderless people who all dress, think, talk, and look the same. We can all be genderless drones.

And that's all I have to say about that.

7 comments:

jenedypaige said...

I KNOW!!! When I heard it on the news last night I was so sad. What happened to the "Voice of the People"? How can one judge have so much power to overrule the opinion of 52% of California?

Emily said...

1 judge voids 7 million people. Pretty stark statement. I actually wasn't surprised. Kind of makes you feel like ALL that work we did was for nothing. It will go to the Supreme Court where the judges ruling will be upheld just like the infamous case of Roe v. W.ade.

Laura said...

Its not over yet. And I am interested to see what happens when this issue hits the Supreme Court. Either way, there will be a lot of media attention and a polarization will occur. I do feel angry that one judge (who is gay himself) could overturn the votes of so many people. I feel like the judicial branch has just a little too much power!

Jill said...

So, I take it you're angry?!?

I actually think it was 62% of the people voted against it, which makes it an even more impressive majority. Oh well, I guess democracy is over-rated.

Dome Dweller said...

As I always say, it's all about the judges!

Nicole said...

I'm too angry to even talk about it! Grrr!!!

Anonymous said...

Nice post and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you as your information.