Friday, August 20, 2010

Outsmarted by a 3 year old

Every day I wake up and wonder what Julia will do to outsmart me. Let's give a brief rundown of some of her antics from the last 2-3 weeks. Lipstick all over the wall
Lipstick all over the face
Paint all over the hands and legs and floor

(no pictures for the following)
Nail polish all over the closet door
Nail polish on her toe nails, belly button and chest
Sharpie marker drawn all over several pages of the English/Portuguese Dictionary
Attempted murder of Cole by pushing/shoving him into the hot tub while Mommy was in the pool.
Mascara all over the bathroom mirror
Petals off the majority of flowers in the front yard
Crayon drawn all over the carpet. (we have a low pill carpet that shows everything)
Ballpoint pen all over my Bible
I'm sure I'm forgetting something.
"Relocation" of various earrings and sewing supplies. New location of many of these items still to be determined.


It's a good thing she is so cute!!! I don't remember Blake being this "clever" at 3. And here she is asleep after another day of "work".

8 comments:

Karmy McKee said...

Amy...I'm laughing my head off...ditto...I hear ya! Maya just tore off a bunch of our rose petals just a few days ago, mascara all over, etc. Someday, I guess we will miss these days:)

Brittany said...

Oh Amy, and I had been wondering what you had been up too? Can I just say that I feel your pain...it is good thing that they go to sleep and you can start over on the next day! Hazel has been such a nightmare lately that I would trade her in on some days, only to hear her say in bed at night, "I love you mom." It really is a good thing they are so dang cute!

Nicole said...

I was so grateful when my sweet, precious, darling little girl finally outgrew that fantastic, curious, infuriating stage. And somehow, my hair is not gray! Good luck!

rebecca said...

Very clever. I love the evil smiling princess in the first picture, then the sleeping angel at the end. Sleep saves the children some days - they're just so cute when they're asleep that you can't kill them.

Emily said...

Julia has a best friend waiting for her and her name is Norah.

Laura said...

Haha, that's so funny! I can laugh now but I remember going through that all too well. I am still trying to forgive Adam for using his belt to whip off the tops off of EVERY SINGLE much-anticipated and greatly appreciated tulip in our entire yard. He was 3 too. What a fun age.

Mommymita said...

Thanks for posting this. Now I know there is nothing abnormal about my girls - actually it might be my boys who are abnormal since they were so good

Anonymous said...

training panties, any video of her peeing mum?