Wednesday, August 25, 2010

First Day of Kindergarten


Today one big boy went to kindergarten, excited and happy to start a new chapter in his life. Today one Mommy cried (behind her sunglasses so the big boy wouldn't see) as she sent her child off to begin the day.
I didn't think I would be very emotional about today but I was wrong. I certainly think he is more than ready for this new adventure. I knew this day was coming for a long time. I have been counting down the days. :) But there was something about sending my firstborn child to the big scary world that just made me cry this morning. All the way there I was questioning whether I have done enough to teach him correct principles. Have I taught him how to protect himself, stand up for himself, be kind and do the right thing regardless of the situation????? I guess we'll find out soon enough. I've got to end this post because it's pick up time now.





He's come a long way.

7 comments:

Karmy McKee said...

Amy you are an awesome mom....Blake is one lucky kid to have you!

Brittany said...

Amy you don't look like you have aged one day!! Blake is one great kid that will absolutely love school....thanks to your fabulous parenting!

lys said...

Your yellow shirt is darling.

Ashley said...

Wow! I hope Blake had a wonderful day. I'll admit, I came home and cried today after dropping the kids off. Today was the last first day of school for Em in elementary, sad sad...:)

Emily said...

He looks so cute! The first week is the worst, I think I cried for the first three days. He's becoming your big boy now and probably loving it!

Laura said...

I cried more when my oldest started school than I did when my youngest went to kindergarten. Its an adjustment, and a big move to the next phase of life. It'll be fine - you have taught him well...just make sure he knows that not everything his teacher says is gospel truth. We had to address that when they started teaching that we evolved from monkeys. Megan wondered how Adam and Eve fit in with all those monkeys. So funny!

Anonymous said...

PUXA AMY! NEM DÁ PRA ACREDITAR QUE O TEMPO TEM PASSADO TÃO RÁPIDO E TU JÁ TENS UM FILHO LINDO INDO P/ ESCOLINHA...
OXEEE! ATÉ EU CHEGAR ELE PODE ATÉ ME ENSINAR INGLÊS!!!É... QUE LOUCURA!!!