The other day Julia came out of her room with her swimming suit on. After telling her it was too cool to go swimming she reassured me that she would put on her sweater and leggings, both of which she did at different times. This was just too funny for me to NOT take some pictures.
Sunday, May 8, 2011
Could there be a better day than Mother's Day?
1) I did not change ONE diaper today. And really, what could be better than that!!
2) I was served a delicious strawberry coffee cake made by my wonderful husband for breakfast.
3) My 2 oldest kids participated in a cute little medley of songs for the mothers at church and I nearly cried watching them because they were so cute.
4) I indulged in a 2 hour nap after church. As a general rule I am not a napper but this was actually really nice.
5) I was served a delicious dinner of grilled fish, roasted potatoes and strawberry shortcake and I didn't have to do any cleanup or prep work.
6) I got to enjoy dinner with my own wonderful mother and my sister who is also an amazing mother.
7) Best of all, Blake said the following to me today. "Mom today you are my queen and I am your servant. What can I do for you?"
Oh yes I love Mother's Day. I am grateful for my mother as well as my husband's mother for all the hard work and sacrifice they put in to raising their families. I am thankful for my grandmothers both of whom are long since gone as well as my husband's grandma who is such a wonderful grandmother to me and my family. I really have been richly blessed. I am thankful for the opportunity I have had to mother many children over the years, both those that I have born and those with whom I have worked.
Happy Mother's Day!!
And yes, tomorrow I go back to being everyone's servant.........Until next Mother's Day. :)