Thursday, August 26, 2010

One last beach day before school

We decided to go to the beach one last time before school started. The kids had a blast as always. I can't believe how tan Blake's body is and how white his hair has gotten from all of the sun exposure. Every time I see him get dressed I have to laugh at his tan lines. Blake loves nothing more than spending time with his BFF Lucas. Julia had a ball playing in the sand and dipping her feet in the water and then running away. Cole enjoys trying to get sand into every crevice of his entire body. This time I thought I would see if leaving him fully clothed helped. Nope.
The best part of the day was the GIANT dead jellyfish that washed up on shore. IT was huge and so beautiful. I spotted it just a few feet away from us when Cole and I were wading in the water. We also saw the lifeguards spring into action to rescue some kids that got caught way out in the ocean and couldn't get back.
Exciting day.

3 comments:

lys said...

I'm sad that you didn't take a pic of the giant jelly.

amy stansel said...

we miss you guys. hope blake is enjoying school! I loved reading all that julia has been up to. Glad i got to be part of some of that. She is quite a character!

nikki said...

Lucas was soo excited he made your blog! Thanks for coming, it was a perfect day!I'm so glad Lucas's best friend has a cool mom!