Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Playdough and dog food

My very mobile 8 month old consumed the above mentioned treasures during our 9 day babysitting extravaganza. At least that is what I saw her consume. Only she knows what other treats she found in the cracks and crevices of Jean's large house.
I'm happy to report that we are finally back at home for good. It's always nice coming home after we have been away. Blake didn't want to leave his cousins because he got so much attention. We had a great time with the kids. They are good kids and it was fun( apart from getting them to do chores). :)I was absolutely amazed by things such as : 1) the sheer amount of laundry that piles up after just a few days. 2) The gallons and gallons and gallons of milk which were consumed by all of us. 3) The law of entropy. See I did learn something in physical science that applies to real life. Seriously no more than 5 minutes after something in the house was cleaned or straitened, entropy was hard at work trying to undue it.

And a special thanks to Cosby (the dog) for licking up all cheerios, spilled milk, and other food treasures. It was pretty amazing that I never had to sweep under Julia's spot at the table. (but don't get any ideas, because I am not buying a dog)

6 comments:

rebecca said...

I'm so happy you're back! I missed you in your crazy motherhood masters program.

Cari said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. We watched a dog for some friends in August, and while the kids LOVED having the dog around, and I enjoyed the clean kitchen floor, I feel the same as you, no dog! Maybe I'll change my mind when the kids are older...much older.

Amy said...

Ha! Sounds fun!! I can't wait to hear about Jean's trip. Glad you survived - thank goodness they are all good kids or it could have been a LONG 2 weeks!!

Emily said...

I think you secretly like Cosby! You'll turn into a dog lover sooner than you think.

Kate said...

Law of entropy? We are not physicists, Amy! Please next time speak in laymen's terms. That's obviously one thing I slept through in my BYU Phy. Sci. class. Glad you're back & still sane.

Melissa C. said...

I'm with you on the dog thing!

C'mon Kate - law of entropy = everything in nature tends towards a state of DISORDER! We all see this at work in our homes! (OK, I was a physical science TA, so I remember quite a bit).