Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Oh, but HE is great Mr. Hitchens

I have always felt a desire to try and understand why people think the way they do, especially people who have vastly different ideas than me. It fascinates me to see how and why people come to the conclusions they come to about things like religion, politics, and life in general. When I heard a most obnoxious man and I mean obnoxious (Mr. Hitchens) being interviewed on NPR one day about his most recent book, I knew I had to read it. And I did. It was a somewhat difficult book to read both because of his rantings and ravings about ALL religions and also for the fact that I had to use a dictionary to look up many many words that I had never heard of before.
In a nutshell I learned from Mr. Hitchens that I am a fool for being so naive to think that there is a higher being who actually cares about my life. I think he actually refers to it as being "arrogant" for believing that there is a God who does indeed care about us. His oversimplification of religion was simply astounding. Big vocabulary words Mr. Hitchens, but maybe you should study up some more.
Sorry Mr. Hitchens, but I'm not planning on converting to atheism anytime soon. I'll stick to my "arrogant" belief that there is a God who does indeed love me and wants the best for me. Oh and p.s. YOU are the one poisoning everything.

6 comments:

lys said...

Do you own this book? (I'm guessing you don't.) On the off chance that you do, can I borrow it?

lys said...

p.s. I really like your new fabric. Would you please show it to your mom and report back to me her reaction to it? :)

Emily said...

I hope you didn't waste your money and actually buy this book.

AmyJune said...

Please, I don't waste my money even to buy good books. It's all about the library.

Emily said...

Hitchens is really a punk.

Kate said...

It really is so SAD that he is missing the whole point of his life and who he is, and then to be so bent on calling it "arrogant" to believe otherwise is absurd.