Saturday, October 27, 2007

My dream finally came true



I must preface this by saying that I did a lot of really strange things at BYU. ONe of the strangest was when we all ended up in the home improvement store and I suited up as the Tin Man. My friends used to call me the Tin Man because I was not (and continue to still not be)very coordinated. Ever since then I have wanted to be the Tin Man for Halloween. Well folks, tonight my dream came true. Mike made me my costume and I made him his Dorothy costume. How he ever agreed to do this is beyond me. Throughout the week, I had to "fit" his dress to him several times to make sure I was sewing it right and I almost died laughing each time he put it on.


We had a great time at the Halloween party and I am one happy Tin Man. Now I must be off to see the Wizard.

Isn't Jill the scariest witch ever? I could not stop staring at her.

9 comments:

lys said...

My dream of the tin man costume has finally come true! The 13 year wait was worth it! I would have for sure voted you into first place.

Dome Dweller said...

Nice legs!

Suzie Petunia said...

Oh, the gyrofication! That is a photo worth projectizing!! I LOVE IT! Please put it on your sidebar so I can see it often. :)

Did you get the idea for the costume because we teased you about it here on your blog? Or were you planning it all along? It is a GREAT costume in so many ways!

Emily said...

You really were the TIN MAN!! Oh my heavens. You are so funny, Amy. As funny as Mike's costume is, yours is funnier to me! I love you so much.

Kate said...

I was really pulling for you to win 1st! It still cracks me up to see you in picture. The best part is that you made each other's costumes-- that should count for a lot! Long live the werewolves!!

Tiffany said...

Wow, this is one of the best things I've ever seen!!

Amy said...

We have laughed soooooo hard about this picture. LOVE IT!!!! As andy said - you've got to be a certain man to get away with dressing up as dorothy!!

Nicole said...

You guys looked fabulous! I didn't realize there was such a long-standing purpose behind the costume - but I still loved it!

Helen said...

You guys looked awesome!