Friday, October 26, 2007

My Knight in Shining Armor

I just have to say that I have the best husband in the whole world. One of the many reasons why I love him is that he can solve just about any problem ever. He doesn't wait around for something to just solve itself, but is proactive about getting things done. Many women I know have "honeydo" lists for their husbands which I have never really made for Mike because he fixes things before I even know there is a problem. For example, when he saw that our living room was being overrun by toys, he spent all of one Saturday transforming our little coat closet into a fabulous toy closet that hides away all of the junk. When we first became friends 7 years ago I aptly named him the "Projectizer" because he was always doing projects to help people out.
Or take today when I needed to get an appointment with a doctor PRONTO and I was getting the run around because of my insurance. Try as I might I could not resolve the problem, but enter Mike and BAM 5 minutes later he hands me a paper with the time and address of the doctor for an appointment TODAY.
It's like magic!!
I definitely scored in the husband department, and once I post pictures from the Halloween party that we will attend tonight you will really know that my husband is the greatest for going along with my crazy idea.


5 comments:

Emily said...

Can't wait to see the crazy costume, Amy. It won't involve any Wizard of Oz characters, will it?

Suzie Petunia said...

Hey, I happen to know where you can buy all of the pieces to a terrific Tin Man costume!

What a great quality to have in a husband. I've got one like him myself.

What is that? A snake?!

Cari said...

Is that a snakE?! Can't wait to see the halloween pics:)

Nicole said...

Okay Amy - that tripped me out when I first saw that picture of Mike - it somehow seemed familiar. Then I realized why - he's in my living room with a snake! I forgot about that and that you took a picture. Funny! You DO have a great husband. That was a really sweet post to pay tribute to your man!

Anonymous said...

Well written article.