Monday, October 22, 2007

Here we go again.....

Sorry about the reflection of my sliding glass door, but I didn't want to open it to take the picture of our backyard.
Fire season has come again. Blood red sun, campfire smell, lots of ash in the air, and brown/gray sky. Poor Blake doesn't understand why he can't play outside. Instead we went to the free zoo today (aka the pet store). No running for me for the next few days unless I want to get lung cancer that is.


It always makes me stop and reflect how quickly our lives can change. I feel for the hundreds of people who are losing their homes today as the fire blazes all over Southern California. It also makes me really appreciate all those dedicated firefighters out there.


9 comments:

Kelly(M&M) said...

Wow, what a picture. My parents were evacuated from the San Bernardino Mountains, so please keep them in your prayers.

Sarah said...

I feel your frusteration Amy ! Brooklyn too had a rough day staying indoors . You should bring the kiddos over to my house to have a little playdate. We should just let them entertain themselves ( or fight that is )and us mommies could visit.

Kate said...

It is awful, isn't it? I took a similar picture out my backyard window because it was so eerie how the sky looked and how we were suddenly banished from going outside. Let's hope for some clearing soon!

Emily said...

I've been thinking about you, Aim. Hope the fire season ends quickly and that you and Kelly's parents are all okay!

Emily said...

I'm glad the fires aren't near you guys and that you are safe. It just looks like there is one a little too close to David and family. From the news, it looks like So. Cal is a huge fiery inferno. 15+ fires going on at the same time?

Tiffany said...

That's so crazy. I was just up in that area on Saturday and it didn't look anything like that. Once again we are surrounded by fires.

rebecca said...

Hey, you got a trampoline?!

My kids (and I) are going nutso stuck in the house. We all just want to go play! I'm so grateful for the firefighters. What a huge responsibility for them and a blessing for us. I'm so sad for the hundreds of homes that have been lost already. It's horrible.

It makes me so angry to hear they've determined some of the fires have been started by arsonists. What kind of people think this is a joke? Grrrr.

Melissa C. said...

I hadn't heard some of the fires were started by arsonists. That is just sick and wrong!

Suzie Petunia said...

I'm relieved to see the fires aren't too close to your house. What about the rest of your family? The devastation is difficult to even think about. I hope it is over soon. If only we could transport our rainy weather down your way! Then we would ALL be happy!