Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Should've taken the VAN


This past weekend, Mike and I loaded up our mountain bikes on our trusty Civic, dropped the kids off at my sister's house and headed off to Southern Utah for the wedding of Mike's youngest brother. We were excited about our long weekend without kids, the wedding and especially excited to go mountain biking in Moab which we have done several times and absolutely love.


About 2 hours into the 12 hour drive my little Civic which I bought before we got married and have NEVER had a problem with started having issues. I could go into a lot of detail here but suffice it to say that the head gasket needed to be fixed WHICH IS A MAJOR REPAIR, and we did not end up going biking in Moab due to timing issues.



The wedding was great.




We hiked "Delicate Arch"


Note that in the top picture the sky is grey and MIke's shirt is wet from the rain. 5 minutes later it was sunny above the arch. Weird.

We rappelled. Mike's aunt and uncle love rappelling and brought down all of their supplies. They are great teachers and we had a blast. Stepping off of that ledge always freaks me out though.




I biked along a beautiful bike path in St. George as Mike spent the day under the hood of the car helping our brother in law fix it.


Utah is beautiful. Utah is freezing. Utah has crazy weather. Can anyone explain a May snowstorm?


Thanks to the "trusty civic" we are now $700 poorer. At least we have some good memories. :)

5 comments:

rebecca said...

It looks like you made the most of being trapped in Utah. You are so brave to step over the edge of that cliff! I rappelled once and I think that was enough. :)

So glad you made it back!

lys said...

I love your skirt in the first pic. Your legs look soooo skinny in the picture of you with the climbing gear.

So sad that you were in Utah. . . but very far away in Utah. . .

Emily said...

I agree.. love the skirt. Looks like you had fun even with the car problems. :)

Jenni said...

Looks like you had a great time. I've always wanted to go there.

Nicole said...

Glad you still made it to the wedding and had a little fun despite the car issues. That is such a drag about the car though. UGH!