Monday, May 17, 2010

Beautiful Course


This weekend I ran the Palos Verdes Half marathon. I have a love/hate relationship with this race. This was the 5th time I've run it and everytime I am blown away by the amazing ocean views and bright yellow wildflowers all along the course. I am also blown away by the constant rolling hills of the course. It seems like it is one continuous up down up down. But alas it was fun and the weather could not have been better. It was overcast and cool. And I loved the cheering section at the end made up of my cute little children, Mike and my Mom.


My friend Tiffany is always great about getting suckered into signing up to run it with me. Thanks Tiffany for the good times.

Check out that ocean view and those wildflowers. Tiffany is such a photogenic runner. Me on the other hand, not so much. I always wear my lucky outfit, hand me down shorts from Alyssa and a t-shirt from Andrea in Brasil. All those runner chicks with their fancy running gear really intimidate me.

7 comments:

lys said...

Whoa, I love that I am part of your running experience! I had no idea that you still had hand-me-downs from me.

You are awesome for running that race! Yeah for Tiffany too!

Brittany said...

Wow is all I can say...the fact that you can find time to raise three kids and do a race on the side is simply amazing...you are awesome! And you look pretty happy too:D

amy stansel said...

yay! Congrats on the run. Someday I would love to run this with you but honestly I'm not sure if I could do all those hills. It would probably kill me but i bet it is a BEAUTIFUL run! oh and bummer about the car breaking down but it looks like you had a great weekend!!

Karmy McKee said...

Wow!!!! I'm in awe of your running abilities:) What a feeling of accomplishment!

Laura said...

Awesome job, Amy! You are an inspiring runner. I may someday run a half...but probably not.

rebecca said...

You forgot to mention that you were awesome! Maybe I'll run this with you on your next "off" year. :)

joven said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.