Friday, February 26, 2010

Sometimes traveling with the circus pays

There are not a lot of things I like LESS than going grocery shopping with 3 small children. I actually really like grocery shopping when I can take the time to compare prices, look at new products and decide how to use certain ingredients. I can accomplish none of the above when I have my "traveling circus" with me. Today I had to "run into the store" with my 3 in tow because I needed 2 random ingredients for something I am making tonight. As I neared the checkout I noticed that the Valentine candy was 50% off. Always a sucker for a good deal, I picked up 2 bags of Hershey Kisses to make some peanut kiss cookies and headed to the checkout. For whatever reason they would not ring up on the clearance price. The cashier tried and tried to override the price but could not. After more than 5 minutes of trying to wait patiently with 3 hungry children, my patience was running out and I just told him it wasn't worth the hassle and I didn't need them anyway. I think he felt sorry for me because he handed me both bags and said, "here take them for free since I can't get them to ring up". So yes, sometimes it does pay to have 3 small children with you.(although 95% of the time it does not:))

5 comments:

Karmy McKee said...

So funny....I totally hear ya!

Brittany said...

We got some of those kisses on clearance the other day and I thought about you and your love of the peanut butter cookies...unfortunately after making the cookies not one single one was left to share:( Hopefully next time!

rebecca said...

So funny! You are right - it does not pay at least 95% of the time. Actually, I think this might be the only time I have ever heard that it did pay! :) Lucky.

lys said...

One of your best bargains ever!!

amy stansel said...

oh nice!! I would feel like i won the lottery of someone handed me 2 bags of kisses!!! enjoy! and i agree...i like shopping love it in fact but ummmm not so much with 3-4 kids in tow!!