Monday, February 22, 2010

Old (school) Friends are the Best Friends

I had the great treat of being able to spend a long weekend with my wonderful friends that I met in my freshman year dorm hall at BYU. I flew up to Salt Lake City(with Cole) and the 13 of us spent a few nights at a snowy cabin in beautiful in Midway, UT. We laughed, reminesced, went out to eat, had a "favorite things" gift exchange, shopped, stayed up late and ate lots and lots of treats. It was so much fun. I love these wonderful women so much and am so grateful for their influence on my life. That freshman year when we all met so long ago was truly a magical time in my life. I can probably count on one hand the number of times I went to bed before 1 am that year because we were always too busy laughing, studying (ha ha), talking or concocting some crazy scheme. It really was a once in a lifetime experience and those girls became my closest friends.
Each one of them is so amazing and wonderful.
We started out as 13 college freshmen. As of April 2010 we will have 49 children between us. Everyone graduated from BYU (except for the one of us that defected to the OTHER university which shall not be named), studying varying things such as speech pathology, English, Art, Social Work, Anthropology, Health Sciences, Biology etc etc. 5 of us served missions. 3 of us went to graduate school. We now live in 4 different states and don't get together very much. But when we do it is just like old times.
Thanks for the good times Alyssa, Catherine, Cori, Cynthia, Emily, Heidi, Julianne, Kari, Kristen, Michelle, Pepper and Sarah. You guys are the best. :)


Michelle made a delicious Sunday brunch.

4 little men joined the party.
These cupcakes were so delicious.

8 comments:

Nicole said...

What fun!! How amazing to have still kept in touch with all of them and be able to get together for such a great time! Usually it would be a smaller group that stays connected, like 3 or 4. That's awesome that you guys could get together like that! Glad to have you home though!

Lauren said...

That looks like so much fun! How great that so many of you were able to get together!

lys said...

I miss you already. The kids miss "Baby Cold."

Emily said...

Love us.

rebecca said...

Looks like a party! What a great group. You're a lucky girl.

Захаров Алексей said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Heidi Horlacher said...

We really are one of a kind, aren't we?! Such "cute friends!" I am SO GLAD that we did this. I would seriously do it every year. I am going to send you some supplies from Home Depot to do "Tin Man" for Mike, along with a bunch of Peeps. Ah, hmm ... what do you think I could send Kristen from the Motherland?! Love you.

Kari Howell said...

So fun!!!!!!!! And I am so bugged I missed so much of it- jealous! But I am so happy to have seen all of you and am planning on making my husband quit his job if needs be to stay the entire time for the next reunion. Let's not wait so long this time! Love ya Amy!