Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Sisters

What could be better than spending all day with my lovely sisters and Mom doing what we all love doing, shopping, at the fabric district downtown. Love that place. Love my sisters:)
We met down there yesterday to celebrate Carol's birthday. For her birthday lunch we indulged in something I have seen and smelled a million times down there but have never been brave enough to try, the bacon wrapped, salsa topped hot dog from the little cart vendor. When in Rome..... And here is the nastdelicious creation. So good but so nasty.

As for projects, I now have about 16 yards of bright red and blue material to sew superhero capes for Blake's birthday party, some cute madras material for summer shorts for Blake, and some pink and black polka dot material for something fun for Julia.
Yeah for sisters and yeah for fun, funky fabric.



7 comments:

Lauren said...

Looks like so much fun! And that's a great picture of everyone - Happy Birthday to my Mom!

Brittany said...

How fun...can I just say that I LOVE those hot dogs...I am not brave enough to go with the salsa, but the rest is divine!!! Can't wait to see what you sew for Julia...I am addicted to anything with polka dots:)

lys said...

I can't believe that you gals ate those hot dogs. Have I ever seen you eat a hot dog before? Or bacon?

lys said...

p.s. Can I commission you to make me some superhero capes too? ;)

Nicole said...

I have heartburn just looking at that picture! (and I don't even get heartburn) lol

Laura said...

The last time I shopped there, I had my little tiny Mama with me and she ate one of those crazy hot dogs ALL BY HERSELF!!! Good thing I am not a fan of hot dogs or I would be tempted...
Glad you had a super time and got inspired!

Mommymita said...

I'm jealous of both the hot dog and fabric!