Sunday, February 28, 2010

I survived




Well I survived my 4 sessions of cake decorating 1. When the teacher told us the first week that we needed to return the following week with a frosted cake to decorate I nearly died. I really needed the pre-beginner class, you know the one that teaches you how to FROST the cake not just decorate it.
But I tried and tried and tried. And although I don't have any natural ability it was still fun...kind of. (is feeling like the weakest link in the class really fun?)
So for your amusement I present my creations. Boy those roses are hard to do.
You must know that my master plan is just to teach Mike everything I learned because I guarentee he will be able to do a much better job than me on the myriads of birthday cakes that will come our way. :) (actually I tried to get him to take the class with me but he refused)
BTW- that mark in the rainbow is from a knife that fell into the cake when I got home.

6 comments:

lys said...

Look how amazing you are!!

amy stansel said...

nice amy!! I'm so impressed!!

Karmy McKee said...

Beautiful:) Btw...I love how your "from scratch" cakes taste:)

rebecca said...

Love those roses, Amy. You did great! And ditto Karmy - taste matters more than looks and you have serious dessert skills.

Becky M said...

C'mon, you weren't the weakest link! ;) Let me know when you're ready for the next class. I think Helen might join us for the fun.

Chelsea F. said...

Your cakes look great! I really liked that class- but I agree I was surprised how much homework there was ;).