Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Because I need help

Let's face it, I have no cake frosting or decorating skills. I love the idea of making my kids fabulous themed birthday cakes. I love making yummy cakes. But that's where the fun stops. I cannot frost a cake to save my life. Any attempt I have made ends up in a crumbly mess. EVERY cake I make is frosted by my fabulous husband. But come on, I have to learn somehow. My artist nephew Paul won't always be around to frost ponies and Lightning MacQueens on my cakes.
And so ladies and gentlemen, I am taking a cake decorating class. I'm glad it's not graded because it reminds me of my ceramics class in high school that I got a B- in. (who gets less than an A in a stupid art class anyway?) Be prepared to see some very amusing cakes. Tonight was the first session and for the next 3 Wednesdays I will be frostin it up.
Wish me luck.

6 comments:

rebecca said...

Good for you, Amy! Have so much fun! I can't wait to see your skills in action.

lys said...

Will you learn about using fondant in the class? That's something I've always wanted to learn (although it is kind of blech to eat).

Brittany said...

What do you mean...the baby shower cake was yummy and cute??? Whatever you learn I would love to learn as well so maybe in the near future there can be a relief society class??

Nicole said...

I can't wait to see your creations! Wish I could go too.. Wed just didn't work in my family's schedule!

amy stansel said...

amy i took a class several years ago and loved it. i was sick of making cake and looking at frosting by the end but it was a great class. enjoy!!! i know you'll do great.

Laura said...

I always wanted to take one of those classes. But my will-power isn't very strong right now and I don't know when it will be strong enough to take a class like that without eating everything I frost! But I am cheering you on all the way! Have fun, and post pictures.