Friday, September 25, 2009

Week in Review

What we did this week:
Blake showed Mommy lots of cool "spiderman moves" Cole Smiled and drooled and drooled and smiled.
Julia refused to smile for the camera with her new outfit on that I made her. I really love the celery colored matching fabric I found but unfortunately I kind of think it looks like a pajama set which it is NOT. On Monday evening, the air was cool and we enjoyed a late summer supper Spanish style outside. When we went to Spain last year I absolutely loved the tortillas(eggs, potatoes, onions and green olives) and gazpacho soup. My sister told me how to make them and so I finally decided to give it a try. Very tasty, but the tortilla was a lot more work than it seems like it should be. MIke didn't care for the gazpacho(tomatoes, green peppers, cucumber and garlic pureed). Maybe it tasted too much like "women food".
On Tuesday evening, instead of enjoying a nice dinner outside, this is the view I got from our sidewalk-FIRE!!!! I was freaking out as I could see the flames from my house. But alas, we are safe and sound. Thank you firefighters. I know the picture is lame, but the lights at the bottom are my neighbor's houselights and the flaming orange glow on top of that is the fire.

1 comment:

lys said...

I love Spanish tortillas. I have to say that I generally didn't love the food in Spain during my summer stay as a 13-year-old, but I did remember loving the tortillas.