Sunday, September 20, 2009

Fry it up

A few years ago I got "foodnetwork" cookbook. One of the first recipes in this cookbook is for corndogs. Yes, I love corndogs!!!! I had been wanting to try the recipe out forever, but alas did not own a deep fat fryer.
Enter friends with a deep fat fryer. We decided it would be fun to have a frying party and make some corndogs. We got a little carried away and ended up frying the following items:
-corn dogs (not so great)
-jalapenos stuffed with cheese (SO GOOD)
-onion rings (DELICIOUS)
-cheese sticks (ok)
-fries (ok)
-cookie dough wrapped in wontons (good)
-candy bars wrapped in wontons (yummy)

It was like having the fair at our house.
So good, but oh so nasty.
I think I ate the amount of fried food in one night that I normally consume in one year.
The smell of fast food restaurant that lingered in our house that night nearly killed me. YUCK

No more fried food for a LONG time.

4 comments:

lys said...

I personally never, ever crave anything fried. . . but my husband certainly does. A few years ago my friend Crissy and I had a "deep fry night" to help our husbands get it out of their systems. We fried everything from burritos to zucchini to pie. I'm really glad that we did it at their house because I hate that lingering fried smell.

Tracy said...

Sounds awesome! I have always wanted to fry, but too afraid to try.

Sarah said...

You crack me up !:0) I love how you have these great and simple creative ideas that you follow through with.:0)

Laura said...

How about deep fried Twinkies? I saw those on TV but I've never had the courage to try them. The deep fried candy bars would intrigue Chad. Not going to happen in this house, though. My weight-loss journey just won't allow it!