Monday, May 5, 2008

36 hour getaway


I was so excited for my little weekend getaway to Alyssa's home to see her new little baby Stratton. I stepped on the train heading for the airport on Friday afternoon giddy to have the whole weekend to spend with good friends. As I glanced down at my itinerary I realized to my horror that my plane was not leaving on Friday afternoon as I had thought, but was leaving on Saturday afternoon. Needless to say I was not a happy camper that my weekend was in reality a 36 hour getaway. (mike almost lost his head as he was the one who booked the flight, but don't worry, he is still alive) So a day later I set off for the airport again, and this time I really did fly away.

I had a wonderful time. I got to go out to dinner with Catherine, Kristen and Alyssa on Saturday night and then saw Emily and her family Sunday afternoon. I am so impressed by how talented, accomplished and amazing these women are. If only I could see all of my BYU friends more. (that's a hint for any and all of you to move near me)

Baby Stratton is adorable!!!

And the moral of the story is: Always book your own flight!

7 comments:

Emily said...

It was so great to see you!

rebecca said...

I'm so glad you got to get away, even if it was for such a short time. And that was the craziest coincidence ever, seeing you at the airport! I wonder if we sat in the same seat on the plane? I was in 12C. Where were you?

lys said...

I'm so fortunate to have a friend like you who is always there to support me. Thanks for the 36 hours. . . although I wish it could have been 48!

Love you!

Mommymita said...

I consider 36 hours still a getaway. I'm happy to have a few minutes in the bathroom by myself.

Also, I recognize Alyssa - I think she was always at the 6 am step class at the gym on 9th east. Isn't that random I remember that.

Austin said...

thank you for posting pictures of your trip. I think this is my favorite blog now.

Nicole said...

What fun! Too bad it was quickly cut short by a day! Bummer! How nice of Mike to hold down the fort while you get a much deserved getaway. (Do you think it was really an accident??? hee hee just kidding!)

Sarah said...

Well poor Mike is allowed to screw up once in awhile. Good to know he is human. Now that it is over I have to say that it was quite funny to see your face as you showed up to pick up your kiddos. I do not think that I have ever seen you so out of sorts. Lesson learned right ? Atleast it wasn't the wrong weekend.:0)