Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Mountain Biking in Moab







Isn't that background amazing????? We went to visit Mike's family last week and had the great opportunity to go mountain biking one afternoon in nearby Moab. I was so happy!!!!!!! Being with Mike in a beautiful place on mountain bikes was definitely the highlight of our trip. I was in awe the whole time. SOOOOO beautiful. Mike convinced me that we could handle the toughest trail in Moab known as the Slickrock trail. It was EXTREMELY difficult and although Mike and I used to mountain bike all the time when we were dating, I haven't been for a long time. It became readily apparent early on that I could not hack the trail and we switched to another trail. Thank you Mike.
We also enjoyed meeting a soon to be sister-in-law and mingling with family.
If only it didn't take 13 hours in a car with 2 kids to get there.

3 comments:

Suzie Petunia said...

How gorgeous! I want me some sunny vacation, too. But I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to navigate those tricky trails. I'll stick to hiking and running. No helmets requires. :)

Emily said...

Those pictures are amazing. It looks like you all had a great time:) Can't wait to see you guys.

Mommymita said...

Amy - quite impressive - mountain biking his hard! I think though you were lacking in the technical attire. You and Mike should have had matching outfits to make it complete.

Also just wondering what took more endurance the 13 hr. drive with young kids or the bike trail?

Good work and way to stay in shape!