Tuesday, April 8, 2008

I Love April

I know that many people love the summer because it's fun to go to the beach and pool, etc etc. Others love the fall because of the beautiful leaves changing colors, but I have to say that Spring is my favorite season. I love it. I wish it was April every month. I love looking at the hill behind my home in full green splendor. I love the smell of Jasmine. I love the wildflowers that grow like crazy around here. I love that it is neither hot nor cold but really just the perfect weather. I love that when I go running it isn't dark yet (like winter) nor do I have to spend 40 minutes cooling down (like summer).

On Saturday I ran a 10k that was ranked in the top ten most beautiful 10ks in the nation. I seriously wanted to stop several times during the race because it was just so breathtakingly beautiful. The bright green hills were covered with gorgeous yellow wildflowers. If only I had taken a picture after the race.

There really is so much beauty in nature. And there are so many different kinds of beautiful. For the 4 years that I lived in Utah while I was a student at BYU I was constantly amazed at how gorgeous the mountains were during all the different seasons. Every time I go home to see my Mom I am amazed at how beautiful the ocean is. When we go to see Mike's family I am awed by the beautiful red rock formations. But without a doubt the most beautiful thing in the whole world to me is Iguacu Falls in Brasil. Imagine more waterfalls than you can count all in the same place. What's your favorite thing in nature?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
rebecca said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
rebecca said...

Amy, that is AMAZING! I want to see that in real life. Wow. I think the most beautiful thing (other than my chubby babies of course!) is what I see while scuba diving. It's just beautiful, and colorful and so rarely seen as I spend most of my time on land. I love the beach on a nice, warm, sunny day. Thanks for the reminder to stop and smell the roses. This is a beautiful world.

Meg said...

Before I converted to mormonism I always said that nature was my church. And I was religious about it. I went every sunday climbing biking kayaking or something. Some of my greatest memories come from that stage of my life. However, I think beauty comes from more than the view but the experience of getting there. So mine is floating the salmon river. Three days in on a 5 day float. Nobody for miles and the only way out (other than helicopter) was to keep going by boat. So you saw nobody . It was PERFECT.

Becky M said...

I love Wisconsin in the fall. The colors of all of the leaves changing with the most brilliant colors. So beautiful!

Mommymita said...

I would love April too if I lived in CA. Here in UT it has been snowing on and off all week! But I guess it is worth it for all the great family hikes we can take just minutes from home.

Emily said...

Maybe just because of our recent vacation... but my favorite thing in nature is definitely a white sandy beach meshing into clear blue ocean water and to top it off, an amazing sunset. I think we took a picture just of that.

By the way, we have a Disney Princess DVD that has been watched in our house a total of five times. We would LOVE to share it with JuJu:) We can easily bring it down when we see you all in May.

Kate said...

Summertime is my favorite especially since my kids have entered school. I love the freedom of no schedule and having my kids home to do whatever we choose! Of course I love being able to go to the beach and family outings for that same reason.

I have to say, I absolutely LOVE the April month too. For me, it is Easter, the start of all flowers blooming, the greenery, and promise of summer to come!

Having Abigail in April convinced me it was the best month to have a baby too! These babies enter the world in the beauty and warmth of spring, with little risk of winter chill, flu, or summer's heat exhaustion. And bonus, their birthstone is diamond!

Mar said...

Sounds lovely; but the run would have killed me. Truly. No exaggeraton. So impressed you were up for the race! Hope you are well. Marianne

Helen said...

Beautiful picture...it kinda reminds me of Niagara Falls. Ummm my favorite thing about nature is rain. I love love love the rain. Seriously I could watch it for hours, walk in it for hours, drive in it for hours, and never be bored. Yeah, I pretty much live in the wrong state.