Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Toots Anyone????

I love Marzipan!!!
Last night we went to dinner with some friends at a Persian restaurant. Afterwards, we stopped at the little Persian market next door and my eyes were drawn towards this fascinating treat. The man told me it was marzipan and so I decided to give it a try. I about died laughing when I read the label "toot" on this product. This wasn't just any marzipan, this was marzipan with a definite Persian twist. Each one tasted strongly of rose water. Very interesting combo, not bad but definitely not what I was expecting. And sorry I can't share because I already ate all the toots.

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

it's not surprising at all that you enjoyed the toots so much.

Sarah said...

You crack me up Amy. I enjoy trying something new and random often when I come to your house. You introduce me to things I would otherwise mostlikely never try. The name Toot would definately discourage me. :0)

lys said...

I love this post because it is quintessential Amy. I can imagine you saying every single word of this. I love it. It makes me miss you though. Wish I could have shared your toots.

Mommymita said...

They actually sound kind of good. I love persian/middle eastern food! I'm also curious what you ordered at the resturant - it is making me hungry just thinking about it.

AmyJune said...

Al- I ordered something called fesenjan which was chicken cooked in a walnut pomegranate sauce. It was really really good.