Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Here we go...

Tomorrow Mike and I are off for a 3 day vacation WITHOUT children...hence the word vacation in caps. We are flying up to Utah for Joe's wedding (Mike's little brother) and while we are there, we are going to take advantage of the beautiful snow and go skiing. I'm excited and terrified about skiing. It's one of those activities that I really like but am also kind of scared of. Just thinking about that moment when I have to get off the chairlift WITHOUT FALLING DOWN really scares me. I know I should be more scared of falling while I am skiing, but that chairlift scares me eveytime. Does it scare you too?

6 comments:

Cari said...

I'm scared while I'm sitting in it and way up high from the ground, I don't want to fall to my death!
Have fun just the two of you!

Tiffany said...

YES! I went to Mammoth this weekend with a few friends and went snowboarding (prior to this I'd only gone skiing once before in my life and it was a horrible terrifying experinece). Anyway out of the two days we were there I fell getting off the chair lift every time except twice. So yes they scare me too.

Helen said...

Before I retired from snowboarding, yes they scared me too. But I think more than anything, the people sitting next to me were more scared than I was. The secret is to bring down whoever is sitting next to you (sorry Mike) so you can just slide off the lift (hopefully) without falling down. Good luck! I hope you have fun!

Nicole said...

Have a GREAT time!! I've only gone skiing a few times. It makes me nervous, but you'll get the hang of it. Darren did it a couple weeks ago... I know you can! ENJOY!

Melissa C. said...

I've never been skiing. I think I'm highly deprived.

rebecca said...

I hope you have fun Amy! I am not an enjoyer of the entire skiing experience (at all!!!) but like Car said . . . a few miles in the air dangling from a wire is not my idea of safe. So I guess I like the part when I get off the chairlife because that means I didn't die.

Anyway, hope you're having fun. I've thought of you every day enjoying a break from the whining. :)