Thursday, June 10, 2010

The only thing worse

A while back I confessed my library issue. Well the only thing worse than the humiliation of writing the library a check for over $30 for overdue books last week was going to the library today and having the man tell me that I could not check out books because I still owed them $39. Ummmmm I don't think so. I very firmly told him that I did not owe the library ANY money because I had already paid them. HE then asked me to provide a receipt of the transaction. I'm the crazy lady with 3 unruly kids, do you really think I save my receipts. He was very flustered because I'm not sure he really believed me but he eventually let me check out my books. I told him that I didn't ever want to see that charge show up again because I had already paid for it. After I left I called Mike and he looked up the check online. Sure enough they had not yet cashed the check, but you can bet that when they do I will be taking a copy of the cancelled check back to them.
hmmmmm it's like serving jail time and then being sent back to jail for the same crime.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

I thought you were going to say you went home and found the check lying on the desk or something and had to go back and eat crow! hee hee

Maybe you should start fresh and get a library card for Blake. You can start checking out books on his acct.
:-)

jenbulkley said...

You beat me I paid 28 last month. I have 3 unruly kids too, we are totally tied!

Stacie said...

I hate library fees too. I don't know why it's so hard to return books on time. And of course my kids check out about 30-40 books at a time, so returning them even 1 day late ends up costing a fortune. I like TO library because you can pay the late fee online and it instantly credits on your account.