Thursday, June 24, 2010

Facebook Overwhelms Me, but I like making jam.


Facebook is a bit overwhelming to me. I fall into the category of "lame friend" who doesn't keep in touch with my friends as much as I should and so going on facebook only reminds me of my inadequacies. Like...oh she had a baby and I should send her something, or ohhhh she got married and I need to send her a card, or oh she is coming to town and I need to schedule a time to meet her, or oh she is off for the summer so we should go to lunch....etc etc. This is why I don't really "facebook" much. I love people and I love friends but i really am lame. Please know that if you are my friend i really do love you, I'm just lame, very very lame.

Now onto other things. I have only ever made strawberry freezer jam. But even strawberry jam gets kind of boring right? My friend told me that you can make cooked jam without having to can it by simply turning the containers upside down after you fill them. So last night we made our first ever cooked blackberry jam. Yum. I also want to try mango jam.

3 comments:

Cari said...

does the jar seal that way? I'm curious and would like to try it too.

Brittany said...

Okay you definitely must share the mango jam....YUMMMY!

Laura said...

I will trade you two loaves of homemade bread for some of that jam...