Friday, June 4, 2010

Apparently I didn't get the memo

Last week we walked into Blake's preschool "graduation" and Blake was wearing a typical Blake outfit, Batman shirt and camo shorts. Apparently I didn't get the memo that said that preschool graduation was a "special event". All of his little friends were wearing very nice clothes, suits, ties, frilly dresses, hair all done up. Some parents brought bouquets of flowers for their "grad". And then there was my child in all of his batman glory. Nice. I was a little mortified that my child was ghetto fabulously dressed but it was funny. Come on what are we really celebrating with preschool graduation anyway? I think the whole concept is kind of ridiculous, but alas my child can now proudly put on his resume that he "graduated" from preschool.

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

i'm glad you didn't get the memo. fight against the norm amy! getting fancy for a preschool graduation is on par with sending out fancy baptism announcements...everyone just needs to calm down.

Brittany said...

We love the "Ghetto Fab" and definitely sport it sometimes at our house during the week, and why does it matter anyway? It is preschool right?

Karmy McKee said...

Good thing we can laugh about stuff like this:)

amy stansel said...

Agreed...preschool graduation is a little crazy and I am laughing so hard at this post. This is something that would happen to me. oh it is too funny!!

rebecca said...

Hilarious.