Sunday, June 21, 2009

We love this guy

Happy Father's Day!!
At their age, my children are only beginning to realize how lucky they are that this man is their father. I walked into the living room today and caught sight of the scene below. Daddy and Cole were all snuggled up and taking a nap.
As a little girl, my Dad used to take me to the bank with him after work occasionally. It was a simple gesture on his part, but it meant the world to me. When you are child #6 out of 7, it is easy to feel lost amongst the many other siblings, but I always knew my Dad loved me individually. On this day of honoring fathers, I feel so blessed to have been given such a wonderful father.
Now as a parent myself I know what a treat it is when Mike takes one of our kids to the bank or post office with him at the end of the day. The kids squeal with delight when they see Mike after work and they are always so excited to go somewhere with him. I feel so blessed to have Mike as the father of our children. I am so grateful for the loving, kind and fun father he is. I could not do it without him.

Daddy and Cole -2009
Daddy and Julia-2007Daddy and Blake-2005

2 comments:

rebecca said...

Happy Father's Day, Mike. It's no secret that you are a great dad. You are impressively hands-on and patient.

Love the picture progression, Amy. Can you believe how fast the time flies by?

ENJOY!

lys said...

:) That made me smile.