Monday, June 8, 2009

Blueberries !!!

I think that blueberries are the most wonderful food on the face of the planet. Yummy and nutritious, I could eat them all day long everyday. We went blueberry picking at the local farm on Saturday and Blake helped me pick over 3 pounds of yumminess while Mike took a ride on the farm tractor with Julia and Cole.
I always have great plans for using my fresh berries, but alas, they usually are gobbled up before I can do anything with them. I used up the last bit of them making this delicious blueberry, lemon walnut cake. And so there it is, 3 pounds of blueberries gone within 24 hours of picking them. I guess we need to go back to the farm and pick some more.

Up until a few years ago I didn't even know that blueberries grew in CA. I always thought of them as being a Pacific Northwest fruit.
Hopefully Cole enjoys his blueberry milk because I'm sure that I singlehandedly ate about 2 of the 3 pounds we picked.

5 comments:

lys said...

That cake looks so yummy! I love the picture with the kids and the last rays of sunlight streaming into the kitchen.

lys said...

Oh, and tell me about blueberry milk!???

Nicole said...

YUMMMM!!
I love blueberries too! I just bought a huge container at Costco and am fighting my kids for them! Blueberry pancakes for dinner last night...mmmmm! I plan to go pick some soon also. That will be fun with the kids!

rebecca said...

Blueberry milk!

OK, field trip to Underwood farms!

nikki said...

We love blueberries too! Are the prices reasonable at Underwood?They wanted the oness from Costco but it was too expensive for 1 snack cuz they seriosly "mack em"