Monday, June 15, 2009

Way to Go Mike and Blake

On Saturday, Mike ran a 5K and did really well. He then participated with Blake in a 1K kids fun run. Blake loved running a race and getting his own race t-shirt and number. Now, how do I convince Mike to run a half marathon with me?
In the picture above, please observe the awesome dude standing to the right of MIke. I made Mike and Blake go stand close to that guy so I could pretend like I was taking a picture of them, but really I wanted a picture of him. Is there anything more frightening than a very hairy, middle aged man with his shorts pulled up too high, walking around with no shirt on. When I say hairy, I mean hairy. Please see below to get a close up of this dude. And if you happen to have a very hairy loved one, please DO NOT let him roam around after running his race without his shirt on. NO ONE THINKS IT'S SEXY!!!!
If only I had a picture of his hairy back......

9 comments:

lys said...

I'm laughing out loud right now because I can totally envision this episode of wanting to take a picture of the hairy man.

rebecca said...

Great job Blake and Mike! Was this Blake's first race? I bet he loved it!

nikki said...

You are so funny! I totally agree about covering up "beastliness" that's so cool Blake ran a mile, did he run the whole thing? totally awesome

Emily said...

Just admit it.. you LOVE it!!

pepper said...

That's my uncle Jake.

Tiffany said...

thanks for ruining my appetite.

AmyJune said...

Pepper-Are you serious?

Sarah said...

Wow ! That guy has some guts .:0) He just wanted to show everyone what a teddy bear he was. Either that or it probably is WAY TOO hot running with a shirt on as well. To each their own! Glad the boys had a great run.

Anonymous said...

I wish your children to be just as hairy as this guy and see how you feel about it. Then you would not even like to see your own children without their shit on.