Saturday, May 23, 2009

They're back!!!!

Today while grocery shopping I saw something that was almost too good to be true. Sitting right there in the cookie aisle, my eyes spotted my favorite Mother's cookies. How can this be I thought? Mother's cookies went under last year. At first I thought that perhaps the store was just getting rid of inventory, but there was no clearance price tag on the bags of cookies. I bought a few bags and when I got home my friend "google" told me that apparently Kellog's bought the rights to Mother's cookies and is bringing them back. Thank you Kellog's for making sure that my children get to know the waxy goodness of circus animal cookies. I couldn't be more excited!!!!!!!

10 comments:

lys said...

Barf.

AmyJune said...

Lys- I also bought some circus peanuts today. I thought of you as I gobbled them down.

amy stansel said...

ha! ha! ha! this is too funny! I love how we all overate these nasty cookies in Mexico knowing it would be our last time. I guess we will have yet another reunion with these strangely addicting cookies around!!

Emily said...

I am thrilled that they're back. Good detective work, Amy!

Emily said...

I knew the petition I signed would bring them back:)

Dome Dweller said...

But do they taste the same???

rebecca said...

Yay! Those are the BEST! Did you take that picture, Amy? It's very artistic. Nice.

Amy O said...

Very funny Amy! This is great--I was so sad to announce to Tom that his favorite "Taffy Cookies" were being discontinued a while back. Won't he be happy to receive a surprise pack. And my kids will have to try those animal cookies.

Tiffany said...

We had a bag of these cookies this weekend too. I love them! But I didn't realize they had been discontinued...now it makes sense why the bag said "you're favorite characters are back."

Nicole said...

I'm a fan of them too! I had no idea they were gone as I don't buy them often, but I'm glad to know my childrens childhood experiences will no longer be deprived of such yummy goodness! Thanks!