Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Happy Mother's Day to the best Mom on the Earth!



I am lucky to have the best Mom around. She is soooooo very helpful in every possible way. Let's discuss some of the things that Mom did when she was here helping with Cole for over a week.

-Took great care of the 2 older kids and Cole

-Made 4 batches of Strawberry jam

-Mended my very frayed kitchen rug (no easy task)

-Cleaned my bathroom

-Cleaned my house

-Ran all kinds of errands

-Dealt with a screaming newborn at 3:00am

-Changed countless newborn blowouts and stinky toddler diapers

-Did laundry practically everyday

-Made breakfast, lunch and dinner and treats :)

-Ironed clothes (hmmm this usually only happens when she comes over)

-Helped plant the garden

-Got me a tall glass of water every time I fed the baby

-But most of all she just loved us, all of us.

I feel so very blessed to have her as my mother. I cannot imagine those first several days without her constant help. I got tired just watching her. When you grow up with so many siblings, it is wonderful to get Mom all to yourself sometimes.
Of course I cried when she left a few days ago. I always cry when she leaves after I have a baby because I am afraid of doing it without her help.


I love you Mom!!

5 comments:

amy stansel said...

ahhhh your mom truly is wonderful!! I loved reading the list of things. Sounds so familiar. She is the best help around. I am always amazed at what gets done at my house when she is around. I am lucky to have a mother in law like her. i hope you are doing well ad adjusting to life with 3 kids. I am sure you have everything under control!

rebecca said...

Moms are the best. Can't our moms still live with us? That would be so nice. :)

Happy Mother's Day to you, Amy! I'm so happy you have another reason to celebrate this year.

Nicole said...

She sounds amazing! I'm so glad you had the extra help. What a special treat! That little baby is just adorable!

Joel (Bob) and Dresden said...

I love your mom too! She IS awesome, and we know where you get your awesomeness from! Happy Mother's Day to you!

Emily said...

I'd better start a list for her:)

Happy Mother's Day!!