Sunday, February 1, 2009

Happy Birthday Big Girl

Yesterday our baby girl turned 2 and so we celebrated today at Jean's house. We always have such a fun time with them and I feel so blessed to live so close to my sister.

I am so grateful for this beautiful sweet little daughter. I love here more than I can even express, and I hope she will always feel this. There really is nothing like having a daughter.

Since Julia is VERY into animals I decided she needed a doggy cake. Since neither Mike nor I have any artistic skills we had to once again outsource the frosting of the cake. I made Jean and her kids do the dirty work and Julia loved the doggy they made. Thanks helpers!!!!

Hopefully we can delay Blake's birthday party until my VERY artistic nephew gets home from BYU this Spring because he has already put in his order for a tiger cake.



7 comments:

Becky M said...

Happy birthday, Julia! I love the matching dresses.

rebecca said...

Happy Birthday Julia! Wow, I can't believe she's TWO, Amy! I can't wait to see her new dress in real life. And how cute that you made a matchy dress for her baby. Enjoy!!

amy stansel said...

happy bday to julia. whata cute cake.

Helen said...

Happy Birthday! I agree that there is nothing like having a girl. I love the cake too!

lys said...

I love that newborn pic of Julia. I think that was the only time in her life that she's ever worn a bow in her hair!

Ashley said...

Aww, happy birthday Julia! She's so cute! I hope it was a fun day.

Nicole said...

Happy Birthday Julia! I can't believe she's already 2! Wow!

So, I want to see a better picture of that dress you finished! And did you make one to fit her doll? Cute!