Wednesday, February 4, 2009

I usually like being from a big family.......

I have always really enjoyed being part of a big family. I love having 6 siblings whom I love and admire. If I throw out my maiden name to someone from Palos Verdes they invariably know one of my older siblings or parents. They lived in the same house for 25 years. Then right before high school my dad transfered jobs to Michigan for a few years. It was really really weird being in a place where nobody knew us and none of my teachers compared me to my older siblings. My parents moved back to Palos Verdes (to the same house) when I was in college.
That being said, I'm getting kind of creeped out by all the random people on facebook who are trying to "friend" me. SOme of these people are people I don't even know but don't worry they know me because they used to date my older sibling, or know my mom or dad, or were friends with my older siblings. Sorry but if I don't know you in real life, you are not going to be my facebook "friend", even if you used to kiss my brother.
This is when facebook is just plain weird weird weird. Go away creepy people.

6 comments:

Helen said...

Oh tell me about it. I have Barrys ex-girlfriends (who are MARRIED, mind you) messaging me and wanting to be my friend. Weird girls--move on already!

It is cool though when Barrys long lost relatives that he grew up with from Australia find me. But I totally hear you on the weird creepy people. I'm glad you accepted my request or I would be offended ;) just kidding.

rebecca said...

Hilarious. Yes, don't accept people you don't really know. I accepted a guy I vaguely remember from High School, then un-friended him after my curiosity was filled. Then he messaged me wondering why we weren't friends anymore. Maybe because we're not actually friends?! He he!

Emily said...

Sorry Amy.. maybe you just attract those random people? I don't think I or R have gotten too many of those type of requests.

By the way, Jim does have a lot of ex-girlfriends out there.

Dome Dweller said...

Just one more hazard of being a professional social butterfly.

Laura said...

Do people get notified when you un-friend them? Huh. Well, I think I probably really offended a high school friend who is now a lesbian. I just couldn't take all of her lesbian pictures. Oh well.

Mommymita said...

I call it "fakebook" because most the people on there are fake friends. There are a few that I'm happy to be reunited with but for the most part I'm on a facebook fast for the next couple of months because it is so out of context from my life right now. I don't even find it entertaining anymore- I even disabled my wall.

But it is fun with my family - we started a fan club for my Dad so you can join it if you want