Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day Fun

Happy Valentine's Day a few days late.

We had a great Valentine's weekend. A friend and I had a fun/ funny adventure making fortune cookies for our husbands. No wonder I have never made them before- they are hard to make. You have to get each step done almost perfectly in order for them to turn out correctly and most of them had some sort of problem- too thick, overdone, underdone, too big, too small. Oh well it was fun and they did taste good.



Sugar cookies- yes they were much easier than fortune cookies to make. Blake had fun decorating them with Daddy's help.



But by and far the funniest thing was the above Valentine's card I received from Blake. He told Mike that he wanted to make me a Valentine's card and so Mike got out all of the stuff. He then started writing a bunch of letters everywhere. (he is very into writing random letters and then asking us "what does that spell". So there you have it, somehow my child was able to write 2 very legible but probably not valentines appropriate words, "Blob" and "poo" I promise I didn't teach him that.

3 comments:

rebecca said...

Hilarious! I love that he wrote actual words that inappropriate for the occasion. Or any occasion. Keep that treasure forever.

Becky M said...

I'm sorry I missed out on the fortune cookie experience! Maybe next year if you give it another go.
I'm very impressed with Blake's writing skills.

Nicole said...

So cute! What a smart little boy!