Friday, December 28, 2007

All I want for Christmas is a CHAINSAW

We just got back from spending the week at Mike's parents' home in Southern Utah. As you can see, Blake got the gift he has been begging for, a chainsaw. He has insisted on carrying it around with him 24/7 since he opened it. (yes that means it goes to bed with him too.)

Now, let's talk about the weather in Utah. I wanted to DIE it was so cold. It was 4 degrees this morning before we left. I really am a cold wimp. What happened to the girl who spent 5 years as a teenager in freezing cold Michigan, and then 4 more years in what I thought at the time was not so cold Utah while I attended BYU? It was pretty much below 20 degrees most of our trip so our snow playing excursions were very short. Even though it was cold, it was also an absolutely breathtakingly beautiful white Christmas. Mike is from a gorgeous area.


We enjoyed a wonderful breakfast of sourdough pancakes that big Grandpa made for us. They were delicious. He even made the sourdough starter himself. We will try the recipe at home.
And Mike didn't even complain about being "matchy matchy" in the pajamas that I actually was able to finish before we left for Utah. (wonder of wonders)
Don't you wish you had this yummy box of treats that Little Grandma made for us to take home? She makes the most wonderful penuche I have ever tasted.
And of course we can't forget the 12 hour car ride home today. This choice picture was taken while both of them were crying. Thankfully they were pretty good most of the trip. (what would we do without the DVD player?)
I hope everyone had a merry Christmas. And a big thank you to Mike's parents and grandparents for such a great time.






9 comments:

Nicole said...

Looks like a fun trip Amy! I'm totally impressed by the matching pj's! That's soooo cute!

Hey, I was talking to Jason on the phone the other night (Dec. 26th) and he got a call and says: "Oh, I've got to go... there's a fire on Westwood!" and he hung up. I was freaking out with worry that it was yours, and not sure if you were still in Utah! Luckily, it was 3 doors down. Crazy, huh? It started in the garage with a power strip full of Christmas lights plugged into it. I was just glad it wasn't you guys.

Glad you had a nice Christmas!

rebecca said...

So happy you're back Amy! See you tomorrow.

nikki said...

Love the pics! Especially the matching jammies!Glad your home and didn't freeze to death!

Tiffany said...

I LOVE the chainsaw picture, it makes me laugh. Guess what picture I found the other day?! Psycho Baby!!!!

Helen said...

Cool pjs! I still have the pj bottoms you made for me & I love them!

Unknown said...

I love the pic of Blake. He certainly is ALL BOY, isn't he? That's so funny that he wanted a chainsaw.

You were so brave to take a 12 hour car trip with two kids!

Your pj's turned out well. I don't care what your mom says, you are way beyond an amateur sewer! :)

Emily said...

Amy, I miss you and your happy homemakerness.

Emily said...

It was fun to see you guys! Hope the barfing bug hasn't passed onto you all.

Kate said...

Those chocolates look so yummy, and I'd love the sourdough pancake recipe! Can you tell I haven't eaten dinner yet? CUTE pjs Amy!!