Sunday, November 25, 2007

A Wicked Good Thanksgiving




We had a great Thanksgiving weekend. We were hosting this year, but don't worry, I got out of dealing with anything directly related to the actual bird itself. Most of you guys know I have issues with raw meat. :) Does anyone else find it deeply disturbing to reach into the raw cavity of a giant turkey and pull it's guts out? I was most impressed by the fact that Mike and his dad DID NOT burn the house down when they deep fried one of our 2 birds. We enjoyed having Mike's parents and his brother's family come spend the weekend with us.

I'm also happy that we finally got to see Wicked after hearing people rave about it forever. We loved it. And of course I loved going to my favorite Thai restaurant beforehand. Go see it if you haven't, and if you don't live here, come stay with us and go see it.

Blake loved loved loved playing with his cousins and especially showing them the flamingos at the zoo yesterday.

What a great weekend!!!

6 comments:

Suzie Petunia said...

Happy Birthday, Amy!! I hope your every wish came true. :)

pepper said...

Was Wicked a Birthday present? Happy Birthday! We are going on Thursday. I am very excited. Where is your favorite Thai restaurant? I have been thinking I need to look into a restaurant up in LA.

rebecca said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Happy Birthday and I'm so glad you got to go see Wicked! And that your tickets didn't cost you hundreds of dollars.

AmyJune said...

Pepper- The place is called Palms Thai and it is located on Hollywood Blvd just about 7 blocks east of Pantageous.

Emily said...

Hope you had a fun Birthday!

Ashley said...

It was a fun weekend! Thanks for being a great host Amy.