Thursday, November 8, 2007

Murphy's Law

I've been feeling under the weather the past few days. Last night the thing I wanted most was a good night's rest. It took me a while to finally fall asleep due to my constantly running nose. Less than an hour after being asleep I was awakened by a horribly loud alarm clock blaring from my sewing room. Thanks Blake. I guess he had set it inadvertently while playing in there earlier in the day. The next noise I heard was at midnight. Julia decided to wake up and poor Mike tried to coax her back to sleep but alas she wanted the one thing that he couldn't give her. (sometimes she still thinks she is a newborn.) So after nursing her I settled back to sleep only to be awakened a few hours later by Blake screaming "I want Mommy" over and over again. Once again, MIke went in their room and tried to settle him down but alas, he wanted to snuggle with his mommy. (did I mention that he usually always prefers his daddy to me.) Of course his screaming also woke up a very inconsolable Julia who wanted the sleep juice yet again. Blake started crying again at 5:55am and this time both were up for good. Thank goodness i have a wonderful husband who takes the "morning shift" as we call it and I was able to geta little more sleep.
Why is it that this only happens when I am sick. Thanks Murphy.

6 comments:

Tiffany said...

so sad to hear that you are sick. i hope you start to feel better real soon.

Becky M said...

I hope you're feeling better! Since our husbands went biking this morning, I assume you're feeling a little bit better than you were last night. Sorry you had to have the morning shift today!

Emily said...

I've had nights like that. They seriously stink.

Suzie Petunia said...

That darn Murphy! Who says he (?) gets to make the laws? ha ha I'm sorry that you're not feeling well. Get well soon!

Sarah said...

Oh sweet, sweet motherhood. I have a few memories like this . They often are when we are on vacation and I am not necessarily sick, but VERY sleep deprived and will not catch up until we get home from vacation! These are the times that you realize that you take your good health for granted ! Hope you feel better FAST !

Kate said...

Oh poor Amy. What a night! Your sickness hasn't seemed to slow you down. It appears you're still doing it all with flying colors! Get all better soon.