Monday, November 12, 2007

Chicken Noodle Soup-Tapatio style

Yesterday it was kind of cold and dreary out (I say kind of because let's face it, it's never really cold here) and Mike was feeling sick, so I decided to make him some homemade chicken noodle soup. Unfortunately for Mike, he got something a little different than what he expected. Mike is not a picky eater and has eaten some pretty interesting experiments that I have tried. He is always a good sport and appreciates whatever random concoction dinner happens to be. But after dinner I have to say that I kind of felt bad for making chicken noodle soup with tapatio sauce and plenty of red pepper flakes for someone who was sick. I just really like things that are spicy and obviously chicken noodle soup is not meant to be spicy. It just tasted so bland when I was making it that I had to spice it up a little. It's a good thing that neither one of my kids has had issues with spicy foods while they were nursing. I don't think I could live without flavor. Is this what Mike means when he tells me that he would have had a very boring life if he hadn't married me?

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Amy you are like a gallon jug of tapatio.

Kate said...

Way to clear out his sinuses!

lys said...

You are a spicy little number, Aim. I especially love it when you get all fired up about certain issues.