Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Nice System, LAUSD


So, I haven't worked all school year but lo and behold a $1300 check arrived in the mail for me last week. At first I thought that perhaps it was some sort of back pay that they owed me, but on closer inspection I realized that in reality they just screwed up. I called my old supervisor to inquire further and she said that they are having major problems because they are phasing in a new pay roll system and while many people are not getting paid for the work they have done, other people are getting random checks in the mail. The best part is that I'm sure they spent a pretty penny for this new system that doesn't even work. You gotta love working for a bureaucracy. Mind you, when I first got hired, someone messed up downtown and I spent the first couple of months without pay and health insurance.

5 comments:

lys said...

I wonder what would have happened if you tried to deposit it. . .

Emily said...

How come that doesn't surprise me at all?

rebecca said...

Lucky! How will you spend your hard-earned salary? It's about time SAHmoms started getting paid!

Amy said...

Now that is the way to earn money! I think you and mike can take another trip to Brazil!!

Emily said...

Amy, you need to give us more. . .did you or did you not cash it? I'm guessing that you didn't, but that everyone else who got an undeserved check did. That's crazy.