Monday, May 28, 2007

How I got my groove back!!! not that I had it to begin with






Like half of all Californians, we spent today at the beach. We were fortunate enough to go with friends who brought a very fun toy- a one man kayak. I have to say that I was a little intimidated by it all. Although I have been kayaking several times (and for some random reason I took a canoeing class at BYU) I have never started on the shore of the ocean and kayaked head on into the waves. I just knew I was going to capsize, or equally scary have a collision with one of the many surfers around me. But I did it and I'm glad I did. It was so fun. Coming back in was kind of scary with the waves crashing from behind and yes, I got flipped out of the boat. If only we hadn't left the camera in the car. Above are the "after" shots of our day.


9 comments:

rebecca said...

You're such a rockstar Amy! Wish I could have seen you in action.

Amy said...

That's awesome Amy! I'm always up for a good adventure but I think that would have made me a little nervous...not to mention the sharks!! Ha! Glad you guys had fun. Nice chatting today. Sorry to cut it so short.

Kate said...

That does sound kind of scary. I've only gone in a 2-3 man canoe in the ocean and yes, it is very fun, but I rely on more muscles than my own to get us groovin' the right way. How fun to go with Steve & Nikki.

lys said...

Canoeing class? That made me chuckle. How come I don't remember that?

AmyJune said...

You don't remember that because I took it first semester of our freshmen year when I was still scared of you:)

Emily said...

Oh, I remember the canoeing class! I was in awe that you were taking such a high-tech, adventurous PE class our first semester. Plus you got to DRIVE there. I was in awe of that, too. I didn't drive anywhere with anyone first semester. Okay, maybe Anton or Trajan the Trojan.

Anne said...

Hey Amy!
I remmeber the canoeing class because I took it with you!! We decided to take it because we wanted to have a class together since you were living in the dorms and I was off campus. So we made sure that we saw each other while we were canoeing on "beautiful" Utah Lake. Glad to know that your keeping up the skills!! You are so awesome to be home with 2 small children and doing so much!! Your BLOG is soo entertaining!! Love you!!

Emily said...

I have never known you without your groove!

Anonymous said...

All that practice in Habor Lake must have paid off.