Tuesday, May 22, 2007

A few of my favorite things

Just admit it, you like them too!! I grew to like these when I worked at Sepulveda Middle School and the kids ate them constantly. I thought they looked like the sickest thing in the world but then I tried them and they really are good in a gross kind of way. That being said, I probably only buy them about once a year. Mike bought me these as part of several Mother's Day food treats.


Is there anything better than freshly cut purple roses from your garden? Even though purple is not one of my favorite colors I planted these (correction- Mike planted these) because I don't think any rose is better smelling than a purple rose. Truly divine!!!!



A Sunday walk with Mike and the kids, looking for lizards and doggies.

5 comments:

Emily said...

Amy, I am cracking up. I just got done reading your comment on Alyssa's blog that it is gross that humans eat such trashy food, and what do I find at the top of your list of favorite things? Ah, hmmm, Cheetos! Imagine that!

lys said...

My junior high students would eat those Flamin' Hot Cheetos nonstop. I thought they looked really gross. . .then some of the kids convinced me to try one and they were even grosser than I had imagined (and SPICY too!). Some of the kids would pour mini packets of lime juice on them so they would be all slimy. . . and GROSS.

But, hey, I like some gross things too. Like circus peanuts. . .

Amy said...

I dont' know about the flamin' hot cheetos! But it must run in the family because my mom buys them (just regular cheetos)for andy when ever she knows we are coming to town! I love the picture of your kids in the stroller. They are sooooo darling!!

Jessica said...

I took a neighbor to the grocery store yesterday, with my three kids, plus 1 neiborhood boy. As we were standing there waiting...and waiting, I bought a bag of those cheetos. Thanks for the tip...the kids just munced and were quiet! It was wonderful. I am now a believer in the power of cheetos!

Mommymita said...

AMY--- YOu are still so funny!!! I just now saw you left a comment on my blog. I've got to inform Krissy of this entertainment. I was suppose to do some dishes and piled up laundry but here I am reading your posts over the past months just laughing and feeling like I'm 15 agian! It was fun meeting your sister though and I'm glad she sent my contact info to you. You've got to plan a trip to Spain! It is one of my favorite places.

You've got some cute little kids too!