Thursday, January 11, 2007

SO EXCITED -CAN"T WAIT

You might be thinking by the looks of the title that I am referring to our upcoming baby arrival in 3 weeks. But no....I'm talking about a dream that I've had forever that is finally coming true. Mike and I will be going to a MONSTER TRUCK RALLY on Saturday night. It all started many moons ago when I was on my mission and Alyssa told me she went to one of these "cultural" events with a bunch of friends. Apparently they got all dressed up in proper "mullet person" attire for the affair. (please note that I hate the expression white t__ so I prefer to call people in this genre mullet people) I have secretly desired to attend one of these shows, not because I care about trucks but because I think it would be a fascinating anthropological study. I mean who goes to these types of events and WHY on earth do they go? Who wants to see trucks destroy things? I really want to blend in so if any of you have any wardrobe tips please pass them my way.
When we were buying the tickets online this evening I had to laugh because the last thing we purchased through ticketmaster were Los Angeles Philharmonic tickets.....ah hmmmmm slightly different crowd don't you think?

8 comments:

Andy said...

saturday, Saturday, SATURDAY!!!

lys said...

Ha, ha, ha. That is hilarious. I hope that Julia doesn't get scared-- it's really loud (bring some earplugs).

Wow, I totally forgot about this "cultural event" I attended years ago. As a prelude to the event, we all gathered in our "mullet people attire" on the front lawn of our friends' house, sat on couches, sipped frosty brews (IBC) from makeshift coolers fashioned from tires, and read car magazines with bikini-clad chicas on the covers. After this "pre-game" gathering, I thought that I was prepared to face the world of MONSTER TRUCKS, but nothing could prepare me for the people I saw there. . .

Oh, Amy, please bring your camera!

Suzie Petunia said...

I have this really long, green, v-neck sweater you could wear... just kidding. What happened to those? I'm pretty sure the proper attire would include a tight t-shirt sporting some metallic writing that shows just how much attitude you've got. Or just watch "My Name is Earl" and wear something like Joy.

Is Julia your baby's name? Cause I love it!

Is it indoors? I've always wondered how that works... does the entire place fill with fumes and poison the crowd with carbon monoxide? So many questions... maybe I should just get tickets myself! I can't wait to hear all about it. I'm sure it will be an entertaining post. PLEASE take your camera and post pictures for us!

pepper said...

Sounds Lovely! Let us know all the details.

lys said...

Full report! Full report! Full report!

Suzie Petunia said...

SOOOO.... how'd it go?

rebecca said...

Come on Amy, don't keep us waiting!

Michelle Quist Mumford said...

I had a date in Provo once to a rally in SLC. Oh yeah - I dressed up to the nines - hair-sprayed up bangs and all. He came to pick me up. I opened the door. He didn't dress up. It was a lovely evening.