Sunday, October 10, 2010

These chairs make me happy


I bought our kitchen table and chairs about 10 years ago for $90 from my roommate who was moving out. They have seen a lot in 10 years. The table is still functional but the chairs had to go. Each of the chairs had been repaired various times and were wobbly. When a loose screw ripped a hole in a freind's pants a few weeks ago we knew it was time to say goodbye. So off we went to Ikea to purchase 5 new chairs. But I didn't want boring white, black or wood. I wanted Pizzazz.

And pizzazz is what I got. Mike happens to know all the right people and borrowed a paint sprayer thing which basically lets you pour your paint into a machine that acts like a spray paint bottle. He whipped those babies out for me yesterday afternoon. Thanks Mike.



Oh they make me happy!!! I love them.

6 comments:

Brittany said...

I LOVE the chairs...and it makes the table seem new??? Now I just need to sit in one...

Karmy McKee said...

Love em...so cute and fun!

Nicole said...

Great way to jazz them up! Love the 'happy' color!

amy stansel said...

i love them amy! they look great in your kitchen. nice going mike!

Ashley said...

I love the chairs. They go so well with your kitchen!

Suzie Petunia said...

Those chairs make me happy, too! They are just lovely.