Sunday, March 21, 2010

Coxinhas- FINALMENTE



In the almost 12 years I have been home from my mission I have made many types of Brasilian cuisine but have always been fearful of the deliciously bad for you deep fried goodness of Coxinhas (pronounced co-SHEEN-yas). It's basically shredded chicken and cheese deep fried in dough that is shaped like a "coxinha" which literally means "little drumstick" in Portuguese.



Last night we went to a little Brasilian dinner party with Brasilian culinary contributions from some friends who also served missions in Brasil.




And now I can say that I am no longer afraid of the Coxinha. Although I am usually not a fan of deep fried things, I have to admit that when I sunk my teeth into these I was back in Brasil. yum:)))

We had so much leftover chicken that we had round 2 for dinner tonight. I'm all deep fried out for the next 6 months or so.

8 comments:

Joel (Bob) and Dresden said...

ohhhhhh yum! Please pass on this recipe!

lys said...

Remember when we had a Brazilian party before you left on your mission and Greg and James deep fried these things? That's the one and only time I've had them.

merideth said...

yummm those look so tasty.

Kristyn said...

Those were SO good! I second the request to pass on the recipe!

Sarah said...

I am laughing that Julia is eating a deep fried food in a elegant princess dress...HORROR ! Just kidding... I just couldn't help but notice. Those do look great but I do not think that I am going to ask for the recipe just yet because I am not sure my conscience could bring myself to make them.;0)And I would have to buy a deep fryer and I just can't bring myself to do it !

AmyJune said...

Sarah, I also cannot bring myself to buy a deep fat fryer. We just borrow one when we need one. THe smell alone is enough to kill me. :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

FINALMENTE MESMO!!! JÁ VI MUITAS COMIDAS AMERICANAS NESTE BLOG! QUE TAMBÉM PARECEM SER DELÍCIA... MAS ME SURPREENDESTE POIS ACHO COXINHAS DIFÍCIL DE FAZER!!! QUANDO EU FOR AÍ TEREI Q FAZER COMIDA GAÚCHA, BAIANA OU SIMPLESMENTE BRASILEIRA SERVE??? PARABÉNS POR MAIS ESTE DOM!!