Wednesday, August 12, 2009

What not to wear

Last week my sisters and I went to my Mom's house for a few days with our kids. My Mom asked us to help her go through her closet to get rid of clothes that were out of style/worn out etc etc. We had a hilarious hour or so going through and evicting certain items from her closet. Not everyone could agree on everything so we had to vote occasionally. Mom tried to veto certain items and so we told her she could keep them to use when she gardens but not wear in public.
She ended up with quite a stack to give away. I then coerced everyone to choose a shirt or vest from the give away stack to wear. Not only did we take the following picture but we walked down the road to Pinkberry (over a mile roundtrip) in our ugly shirts and then went shopping at TJMaxx wearing the item. It was a riot:) Which proves that fun is cheap:)
Now, can someone come and do the same thing in my closet. I know I am no fashion plate and I probably wear a lot of scary looking out of date things. Oh, and once you go through my closet and get rid of half my clothes could you take me shopping and pay for it all. please:)

7 comments:

rebecca said...

I love that you posted this, Amy! So funny. :) I would love to help with your closet, if you would help with mine. I think we'd be the blind leading the blind though. You girls look fabulous!

Tiffany said...

the most important thing is that you got rid of the orange dress years ago. your closet has been looking up ever since.

AmyJune said...

Tiffany, I almost mentioned that dress. It's so sad how much everyone hated that thing and how much I loved it.

nikki said...

I had a skirt like that, no one could see how cute it was besides me, looking back it really was hideous like a multicolored picnic tablecloth that a pioneer girl would wear! I love this post and what a great memory made with your mom and sisters! I too need someone to go through my closets but then I would have nothing to wear on the positive side at least I can still wear something I've had for 10 years after 3 kids.....will I be able to say that this time next year?

Sarah said...

I am cracking up right now ! That actually sounds like a really FUN time. I will have to suggest that my sister and I go do this with my mom. I feel so much satisfaction with getting rid of things. BTW your style is what I LOVE about you. You are laid back and real and you make no apologies about it.( not that there is any to be made).:0) You are always genuinely YOU .

Emily said...

I think you guys look great! Those colors obviously work for you all!:)

Mommymita said...

That is so funny. I feel out dated too but don't really care. You should grab a pile of those old clothes and refashion them for Julia. You'd be surprised with what you can do with even the ugliest of dresses.