Saturday, March 14, 2009

You know you are old school when....

Tales from the babysitting adventure:
Last Saturday night I came downstairs late at night to remind my 16 year old neice and her friend who was spending the night that it was daylight savings and that they would be getting one less hour of sleep. She said, "ohhh Amy I'm so glad you are still awake. We are trying to make some frosting for these brownies and didn't know how so we looked it up on youtube but we don't know if it will turn out." WHAT- she looked on YouTube for a frosting recipe??????? Is that weird to any of you over the age of 30? Wouldn't it have been much easier to simply pull out her mother's Betty Crocker cookbook out and look there????? I guess I'm old.........

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I was thinking you would atleast look on something more like allrecipes.com or a designated recipe website. Yeah- youtube would not have been my first thought for a recipe search either. Your not old Amy, there are just a lot of people with nothing better to do then to post the most random things on youtube just to have their 5 minutes of "fame". Too funny !

Mari said...

Youtube? Who knew? Let me know when someone posts on french pastries ; )