Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Gratitude

This morning I am grateful for many things.
Spring is my favorite season and every time I look outside and see the world covered in GREEN I smile. I love Daffodils. I love the smell of Jasmine. I love Mike and how he knows these things and brings me these gifts from the earth for no reason at all. I love that flowers don't mean " I'm sorry or Happy Anniversary" at our home, but rather "I saw these and knew that you would love them and the surprise of getting them" .
I love my family and the joy that they bring to me each and every day. I love how Blake and Julia squeal with delight each time their daddy walks through the door after work. I love that one sister lives so close and that my other sister is coming home to California after being abroad for 3 years. I love how my mother loves me perfectly and unconditionally. (eventhough she will always bemoan the fact that I will never set foot inside our garden)

I love that soon (24 days) we will be welcoming a new baby into our home. There is something so magical about holding someone so fresh from heaven.

I love my health. Yesterday I had the 24 hour stomach flu and it feels so good to be feeling normal again. I am grateful that Mike is such a loving husband and helped me feel better even as I barfed literally in front of his face. I am grateful for a body that can exercise (albeit in a limited fashion nowadays) and do all the things that I need it to do.

and the list could go on and on....... Happy Spring everyone!!!!

3 comments:

rebecca said...

Happy Spring, Amy. You do have a lot to be grateful for. There really is nothing like holding a baby so new from Heaven. I can't wait for your new little love.

I love the smell of Jasmine too. Jasmine should grow like grass. Jasmine front yard instead of crabgrass front yard. :)

Mike's a good man. Good husband, good dad.

And I'm sorry my family is responsible for your illness. Though we're blaming the Omers and the Omers are blaming the Murrays. So really, it's not my fault at all. :)

Emily said...

We were just talking about this last night. There is something about Spring with flowers blooming and the renewal of life all around you. That's one of the reasons I just love Spring and Easter especially.

Nicole said...

Wow Amy! What a great uplifting post! Thanks for sharing! I'm so sorry I didn't know you were sick. Glad it only lasted 24 hours.