Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The belly button violator

Pictured above is "the belly button violator". One of the things that I really don't enjoy about being pregnant is the conversion of my innie belly button to an outie belly button. Around 5-6 months the thing just pops out. I also don't enjoy it when people come up to me and push my belly button. (yes it has happened several times with each pregnancy) I still am trying to figure out why complete strangers feel they have a right to touch pregnant women's bellys. My belly button is very sensitive and I am half tempted to tape it down every day.
Anyway, yesterday the sweet but not so innocent little violator above saw my belly button which was visible through my shirt and thought it might be interesting to bite. She came right up to me and chomped down hard. Let's just hope her 2 year old friends don't get the same idea when they are around me.

9 comments:

amy stansel said...

oh my gosh!!! This is way too funny!!! I am sorry because I am sure it hurt but your belly button must look really yummy for her to want to bite it!! ouch!!

pepper said...

I kinda have this sick feeling in my tummy after reading that. Goose bumps and shivers. But I guess I'm laughing too!

Jill said...

Ouch! I hope strangers don't follow her lead.

Emily said...

That is the funniest thing I have ever heard. Maybe the poor girl was hungry:)

Becky M said...

How painful!! I'll be sure to tape mine up before she comes over tomorrow! :)

Tiffany said...

This is going to sound abusive and horrible but I can't believe you didn't smack her! That had to have hurt so bad.

Laura said...

Give that girl more graham crackers, Amy! Haha, that is such a funny story. Save it for when SHE grows up and gets pregnant - you can tell it at her baby shower!

Joel (Bob) and Dresden said...

Ow Ow Ow Ow Ow! Sorry! That is pretty wacky though, and makes for a great story!

heather carlson said...

I was always sad because my belly button never popped out. I thought I was the weird one since all it does is stretch out flat. I guess now I'll be grateful for my weird flat belly button. (P.s. I've heard of putting a band aid on it to keep it in, I always thought that was odd since it seemed like such a cool thing to have; but maybe that will help you)