Sunday, January 4, 2009

Oh MEXICO!!!!!


We got back late last night from a fabulous week long vacation with my family near Cancun, Mexico. We stayed at this wonderful place where we had the whole resort to ourselves. It was a very unique place. They had tons and tons of things to do, from a zip line to mini golf, to an underground waterslide, to a pool, to ping pong. The kids loved it and so did the adults. The food was great and the service fantastic. I highly recommend it for a family reunion.
We also left the resort several times to venture out to the beaches for swimming, snorkeling and parasaling. (unfortunately I could not participate in the parasailing.)


But the best part was simply being with my family for the whole week. It was fun to catch up with my siblings who live far away. We were sad not to have Carol and her family with us.


Being that we were in the middle of the jungle, we saw lots of "natural" animal life. Like the tiny boa snake that decided to stretch out in Jean's cottage one night, lots of giant spiders, bats, and other jungle specimen. IT's a good thing that I wasn't the one who found that snake.

And I even found out that one of my siblings also voted for the "other" candidate. It was nice not to be the only dissenter in the family. :)

9 comments:

rebecca said...

Welcome home, Amy! That place looks AWESOME! I can't wait to hear more details. I'm glad you got to have such a wonderful get away with your whole (almost) family.

Emily said...

Rachel misses JuJu already. It was quite the adventure and a lot of fun.

merideth said...

wow that looks like and sounds so fun. i thought you looked extra tan today:)

Lauren said...

It looks like you all had so much fun! I'm glad it was a such a great family reunion - we'll definitely have to catch the next one!

lys said...

Can I get a close-up and some more info on the matching shirts?

Laura said...

For some reason I thought it was an adult's getaway. But the kids look like they had a ball too! What a great place to go for a fun family reunion. I need to plant some ideas in my family's minds...

Sarah said...

Lucky you ! I love the white sandy beach along with the chrystal clear blue water... AAHH ! I will definately have to pass along this resort idea to family for future trips. What a great Christmas memory.

Lisa said...

Wow, you have been quite the world traveler this year! Your trip sounds so great.

Kate said...

LOOK at that clear, blue water!! What a dream getaway for a reunion!! So glad you had so much fun with all the fam.